How do i load books to my ebook reader?
I have just bought a new ebook reader. Its from ebookwise. I wanna know how i can load books on to it without downloading some kind of software…. pls help me…
That’s an EBookwise-1150, right? You can put books onto it (either the internal memory, or the card) without special software–if they’re IMP books. MobileRead has a lot of free IMP ebooks at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153
I believe you’ll need to use the special software to convert books to IMP format.
What are some reliable free pdf ebooks sites?
I just bought a sony ebook, and I want some books, what are some good sites?
You can start in the Sony Reader Store–they have a section of free books that links right off the main page. There are additional free books that can be found in nearly every category.
Google Books also links off the main page of the Sony Reader Store. There you can download free out of copyright books–mostly classics.
Again, right from the main page is the Library Finder, it will take you into the public library system where all you need is a library card and you can borrow books for free.
You can also check author and publisher websites and independent bookstores to get promotional freebies.
Stay away from file-sharing sites. Book piracy is illegal.
Is there a really good tablet or similar that I can type on or write? IPad?
I know that tablets are used for writing, but is there one with a keyboard like ipad so I can type on word document? But will Ipad let me write like it is a tablet? Is there another product that I can use? It would be awesome if it connects to internet and is an ebook reader. I am really looking for something under $500…
Yes iPad allows both typing and writing by finger or custom made stylus.
But writing is not possible in Pages ( Word Processor)
There are many note apps and drawing apps in which , you can write.
IPad has many features like watching Netflix movies, reading and buying books. Learning and playing music.
Creating word doc,spreadsheet and presentation.
You can also chat with friends using google talk,yahoo,MSN,Skype and all others.
IPad can download almost everything from website. You can watch live events and also free tv shows online.
I recently bought the Sony Reader and I am having trouble finding sites to download books for free that are?
In Epub or Adobe PDF format. I have gotten a few from my local library but the selection is slim in books that I would like to read because most of them are older. The Sony Reader Store is nice but it is a lot to spend when I read 2-3 books a week. If any of you have sties that I would be able to go to that I could download free ebooks I would appreciate it. I was looking for something that is similar to limewire
Not sure if I am reading your question right so I will just sy that if you are looking for current books then you will have to pay for them since they are still under copyright and the author wants to get paid for his/her work. If you want books that are in the public domain there are plenty of sites. Here are just a few:
For new books your best bet is your public Library or try this site to see what’s near you:
My birthday is coming up in about 9 weeks what should i ask for?
I was thinking of an e reader. But not sure. My library does have free ebooks. But they are only for the nook. And the only book store that has the nook is barns and noble. But I dont like to go to barns and noble. I only have a borders rewards card. There is a barns and noble in my state but its 1 hour away.
And borders is about 25 min away. So i was thinking that i should just go to borders and see what their e readers are like.
Forget Kobo, Cruz, Kindle and iPad, it’s so last year. Nook Color wins. There’s over a million of free public ebooks as well as over a million of ebooks that you need to pay for available through Barnes & Noble eBook store. Prices are generally much lower than for physical books.
- Nook allows to lend books for 2 weeks to friends or to your other devices that run B&N app. Barnes & Noble allows (when you walk in with the Nook to B&N store) to read any available eBook for free while in the store via free provided in the store Wi-Fi. With Nook, while in BN store you get exclusive articles from top authors, and great offers including cafe treats and unique deals.
- Nook Color is better as a color e-Reader than Kindle simply because it has color and Kindle is black and white. Content that greatly benefits from color – such as kids books and magazines – looks much better and sharper on Nook Color’s screen.
- Nook Color is better as an e-Reader in general than iPad. It has a new generation screen which is anti-glare coated and is better performing in sunlight than iPad’s. Also, as it’s smaller in size than iPad, the text appears sharper on Nook’s screen. Also it has 12,000 (more soon) kids books that are built as a game with feedback.
- Nook Color has been picked as the editors choice by PC Magazine while pro reviewers of other sites (CNET, ZDNet, Engadget, AllThingsDigital, etc.) mentioned that it tested to be pretty fast for apps and PDF’s, and has a beautiful screen.
- Overall, Nook Color is more than e-Reader as you can also watch video and use Android applications on it. It’s a hybrid device, much more than just an e-Reader but not a full tablet as it doesn’t have a camera. If all you want is to read novels, Kindle (or the original e-Ink Nook) might be better for you. If you want something more from your device at half of the price of iPad or Galaxy tab, then Nook Color is your best bet.
- Nook (unlike Kindle) can be used for library ebooks.
- Nook (unlike Kindle) can be used for renting text-ebooks.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers